Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sebastian's disgust for Grell...

B*tch better have my $$$! Amamizu's Avatar

Sebastian's disgust for Grell...

I don't believe that Sebastian was disgusted by Grell's flirtation because he was being hit on by another man. I think it has more to do with the fact that he is a Shinigami. If Shinigami are divine beings, it would stand to reason that one hitting on a demon would be repulsive.

Thoughts?
    ~Amamizu~
    Race: Shinigami
    Death Scythe: Machete

Claimed by: Happywise

Member of: Grell Sutcliff FC | WillxGrell FC | Undertaker FC | Sebastian Michaelis FC | Mey Rin x Nina FC | Ronald Knox FC | Shinigami FC | William T. Spears FC |

Spoiler!

I think it's because he's a shinigami too. We've seen that Sebastian clearly doesn't like shinigami because of his interactions with them. Also it might have to do with the fact that Grell is so blatant about it. Sebastian doesn't seem to mind that Mey Rin has a crush on him, and that might be because she's not all over him, while Grell asked to have his babies and compares them to Romeo and Juliet... that's fairly annoying.
    Visit me on FF.net... but bring your brain soap.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/~crowofmurders

My thought is, we see Sebastian's attitude towards Grell change throughout the episode. I think he rather enjoys being hit on by Grell near the end. Sebastian also did not seem to mind being hit on by Mangela or being groped by Claude. My conclusion is he enjoys such kind of attention.

1)First fight, Grell creeped him out just by saying lovey dovey things and want his baby, Sebastian told him to STFU
    2) Drocell's place, Sebastian even said something complimentary to get Grell's help, and otherwise just ignored his advances
    3) Angela's church, you see Grell sitting beside Sebastian, coiling his arm around Sebastian's arm and leaning on his shoulder, and Sebastian did not object at all
    4) Then in season 2 Sebastian just outright flirted with Grell to get his help (Queen of fruit episode)
    5) Finally Sebastian unbuttoned his shirt and made sexy noise to have Grell killed the triplets

At this rate, there is a remote possibility Sebastian will make out with Grell to achieve his ends, hahahah

I also think it was mainly because he is a shinigami and not because he was hitting on him.
    Who says Demons and Shinigamis treat sexual orientation the same way as humans do. They may not really think it's such a big deal ... It think it's just the fact they are different "Species"
    And to be honest I think it's quite obvious Yana likes Shounen-ai/Yaoi considering some of her past works and the amount of fan service there is in the show so I doubt she would make any of her characters too "anti-gay".

Of course, I may just be saying this because my inner fangirl desperately wishes that they would get together

I agree - the fact that Grell is male has nothing to do with Sebastian's disgust. He never said anything homophobic and he didn't even mock Grell for being transsexual. Not once.
    But on the other hand, I can't really believe that Grell being a shinigami makes such a big difference. I just don't think that Sebastian is as 'racist' towards shinigamis as they are towards him. He even seemed to hold a bit of respect for them, since he actually scolded Grell for violating a shinigami's principles. It was WILLIAM who picked a fight with Sebastian, not the other way round.
    I believe that Sebastian's aversion towards Grell has a lot more to do with Grell's personality. Seb just doesn't like the hyperactive redhead, since he doesn't like 'loud' beings that waste a lot of energy. A cat lover like Sebby would never feel attracted to such a flamboyant drama queen. Plus, Seb definitly doesn't want to impregnate anyone, let alone a male, so of course those kinds of comments freak him out xD

I also think it's the fackt that Grell is a shinigami
    nothing else

B*tch better have my $$$! Amamizu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppngai View Post
    Sebastian also did not seem to mind being hit on by Mangela or being groped by Claude. My conclusion is he enjoys such kind of attention.
    Really? I thought he seemed quietly grossed out by Mangela.
    ~Amamizu~
    Race: Shinigami
    Death Scythe: Machete

Claimed by: Happywise

Member of: Grell Sutcliff FC | WillxGrell FC | Undertaker FC | Sebastian Michaelis FC | Mey Rin x Nina FC | Ronald Knox FC | Shinigami FC | William T. Spears FC |

Spoiler!

I think Sebastian doesn't hate him because he's a shinigami, nor because he's a man, but rather because he's Grell. I'm not sure shinigami and demons hate each other. William hates demons, but that's it. Sebastian seems... annoyed by Ronald's appearance in chapter 53, but not more, and I think only because he knew he will create trouble. Ronald, too, seemed pretty friendly (none of that "demon stench" talk that William does), until he realized that he'll be in trouble if he's caught with a demon on ship.

Now, if Grell started hitting on me the way he does Sebastian, I would be annoyed, too But, being a demon, Sebastian of course will use him, just like he did with the women... No sense in suffering for nothing, he might as well get something out of it.

@ppngai: I might have to re-watch the Angela episode, but the way I remember it, he was rather disgusted by that, too. And with Claude... it was a fight and neither one of them thought anything more about it. (I'm going to be eaten alive by Seb/Claude fans, but I will not tell lies, lol)

Married to Foing <3

I agree with you, NLN on the Claude and Sebastian fight. Even if fangirl-ism makes it out to be gropping.

I think that Grell is just....loud and obnocous and I can understand why Sebastian really hasn't th epatience to deal with him unless its for his own ends. I thought it was nice that Sebastian served Grell tea in Kuro S2. I thought it was really cute. But also I figured that Sebastian needed to do some 'butler' stuff in order to feel better abut the situation at hand.

Anyway -
    Grell is just...pushy and cling-ie. I think Sebastian gave up on Grell getting ht epoint that he [Sebastian] wasn't going to do anything even remotly sexual with him [Grell].

And, I think Shinigami have a flair for theatrics. Why else would they appear as they do, even William has a nice entrance.

has claimed Young Master and I have been claimed by Nadia!

ClaudeXSebastian Fan Club. The Ciel Phanomhive FC. Sebastian Michaelis FC. The Yuya Matsushita FC.

Links - http://singsebastian.livejournal.com/

95% would cry if they saw ROBERT PATTINSON standing on top of a sky scraper about to jump. If your one of the 5%,
    who would sit there eating pop corn saying "DO A FRONT FLIP!!" copy and paste this in your signature >D

Haha, NLN, I'm a Claude X Sebby fan, but I will not eat you alive. (We totally saw the lake scene and rose ritual as hitting on each other ---exchange of bodily fluids with intense flirty gazes)

Anyway, yeah, I don't think Sebastian mind Mangela's advances, not that he likes it, but he doesn't mind. (His only complaint was she slept with a dog, nothing mentioned about transsexual)