Thread: Shimeji - Desktop Buddies

Shimeji - Desktop Buddies

I'm putting this here in fan art because they aren't quite graphics and I did have to draw them, so I figure it fits.

If you don't know what a shimeji is, it's a little animated buddy that runs around your desktop! They climb walls, ceilings, chill on the floor, follow your mouse, multiply and even sometimes take away your browser windows. They're a lot of fun to watch running around your desktop, and they're really customizable. Searching on DeviantArt for shimeji will bring up a ton, and there's some for pretty much every popular anime.

However, I found that there weren't a lot of really great Kuroshitsuji shimeji around, so I decided to draw them myself, and now that I've finished a few, I figured I'd share them here.

So far I've done Grell and William, because I'm not biased or anything. >___> Here you can see them in action:

Spoiler!

To get them, just go to the DA pages here and follow the instructions. Aw hell, I'll put them here too anyway. Haha

Grell is ---> Here~!!
    William is ---> Here~!!

Once you've downloaded the file (Look for the link that says 'download file' over on the right), unzip it and find the biggest file inside called 'Shimeji-ee'. It'll be an Executable Jar File. For Grell, it's 153kb. Don't click on the application, because it has a tendency to not work.

Once you click on the Jar file, a window will pop up asking which image set you want to use. There's only one in each, so just click 'use selected' and your buddy will drop from the top of your window!

Once he's come out to play, you can right click on him for a bunch of options. You can add another, make it follow your mouse, or make them all go away. If they steal your browser window, just right-click and then choose 'Restore IE!' and it'll come back. When you're all done, just select 'Bye Everyone!' and they'll all go away.

I'm already starting on a set for Alois and Claude, and I'll moooost likely do Ciel and Sebastian after that, so I'll throw the links in here once I've got them done.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! And I hope you all enjoy them!

So CUTE!!XD Thanks for sharing!
      Spoiler!

They're so cute~!
    Thank you for sharing!
    "Habilement...Suavement...Furtivement...On croirait entendre le Diable murmurer." – Sebastian Michaelis

Member Of:
      Spoiler!

And also of the Vincent Phantomhive/Diederich FC and the Daisuke Ono FC

Sebastian's Cat Wrangler randomthings123's Avatar
    Grell's bathtub (it smells like strawberries ♥)
    They're amazing! I haven't been able to find a William anywhere! I already had a Grell one, but... *whispers* yours is better
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    You go change the world. I'll just be myself.

DEATH SCYTHE: Two hand garden cultivators

youtube twitter livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by randomthings123 View Post
    They're amazing! I haven't been able to find a William anywhere! I already had a Grell one, but... *whispers* yours is better
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    I couldn't find a William anywhere either, and that was what prompted me to make him in the first place. And then he got lonely.

I'm glad you like them!!

Falling out a window with confetti in my hair~
    these are some of the best I've seen!
      Spoiler!
    With regard to my newborn arachnid kids there's something we must discuss
    Proud member of: The Sebastian Michaelis FC, The Ciel Phantomhive FC, The Junichi Suwabe FC, The Madame Red FC, The Sebastian x Betty the Tiger FC, The Maurice Cole FC, and The Frances MiddlefordFC

playing peek-a-boo, in your head, messing with your brain~
    I managed to find a William =DDDD

here: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...imeji#/d3eexqi

and you've a mac, you can have em on too~ =3

tutorial: http://charm-box.deviantart.com/blog/36075516/
    POTTERMORE USER: HowlRiver2545 ADD ME =D
    House- Slytherin

I also play Team Fortress 2 if anyone wants to friend me, look me up as Yokoskitsune

Spoiler!

Bitch-slapping Ron, all day long at HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGWAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRTTTSSSSSS

They are so cute, I saw them on DA

OMG just found Will on dA earlier XDD

(Attempting an Alan one ATM, but it's failing epically... Maybe I should try Eric? XD)
    Help Eric save Alan! Click here to donate your soul! http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=rockz97

sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come
    These are so cute. Thanks for coming and sharing these here. I think they do constitute as fan art perfectly because you did draw them of course. Don't think that I will be installing because I have too many things going on at once to worry about a little buddy running around and they might distract me more than I need to be from work.

But really, excellent job on these I look forward to seeing your next set.
    Twitter
    Tumblr

ava scanned by Sanoiscari
    Don't forget to read the forum rules, Role Play and Claim threads
    of any kind are not allowed without permission from a mod first.