Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens to a soul after it's been eaten?

What happens to a soul after it's been eaten?

I couldn't find a topic asking this, but please delete if there has already been one.

After a demon eats a soul, what happens to the soul? Does it just disappear from existence? I remember in the anime, Luca was able to talk through Hannah. And then Luca and Alois were talking at the end after Hannah ate his soul too. But I don't quite understand how it works, because that doesn't really seem like 'eating' to me. Does the soul 'live' inside the demon or is it destroyed completely after it's been consumed?

I don't think it's ever been said but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Spoiler!

Pretty good question, and I've wondered this one before myself.
    Frankly I think that 'eating' the soul is an expression that's as close to what the demons actually do as possible. This is on a scale that isn't obviously seen by us, so we wouldn't understand... From what I gathered by what you said, I'd theorize that the souls could never truly vanish or be destroyed, which is why the demons hunger for it, it might be like a battery that keeps them going for eternity. If they 'hunger' for it, then they need it to survive, in my mind. The more souls they gather, the more powerful they get, which might imply why demons like Sebastian are so powerful, since I have a feeling that he's done contracts many times before.
    So, maybe through the eyes of the soul, they sit in something like limbo, wherever the demons might place them? Or they sit inside the actual demons themselves, which would just to them look like a blank space of nothing..ness? I'd imagine the demons could do whatever they want to them, having all of their ravenous fun, and when they're busy the souls just sit there, that's not the worst hell could be but it is definitely not heaven...
    Generally, all I know for sure is that a demon wins when they eat you.

kbai.

In the anime they say a few times that the soul is "sleeping" inside the demon's stomach... I don't know if they mean sleep like we usually think of it, but I think it means that it still exists, but isn't technically alive anymore? Like when Luka talks to Alois through Hannah, maybe his soul was "asleep" the whole time, but a bit of it was still alive, and Hannah could access it because he exists within her now.
    Visit me on FF.net... but bring your brain soap.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/~crowofmurders

I remember Sebastian explained to Ciel after he freed him from the cage (when he was caught by Druitt), that he will follow him through the pits of hell or something like that... So I think Ciel's soul will go to hell, accompanying Sebastian?

My theory is that the soul can't go to heaven, so it can only go to hell with the demon...

I don't even make sense anymore...

I want to discuss, but I am so hungry... XD

Well i actually think that the souls do kind of just stop existing. Though in the case of Luca I can imagine that Hannah was just temporarily "storing" his soul since she was determined to reunite him with his brother. In the end Im sure they just..poofed out of existence
    And idk for some reason i just cant picture demons having all those souls inside of them...And it doesnt help that when i try to picture it i get images of a chubby and plump Sebastian..and its really disturbing lol.

Spoiler!

Proud member of:

anddd The ClaudexSebastian, Shinigami , Finny, Claude Faustus, Ciel Phantomhive, SebxMei Rin, VincentxDeiderich, and CielxLizzie Fanclub XD

Danix's post really made me laugh all over the place.

Maybe souls instead were just their food. They eat it to get their energy and 'nutrition' the same way we do, just on a soul-ness scale, and they wouldn't need to eat as often obviously. It would also explain why they can be picky about souls too. I'll eat pizza and lasagna everyday, but fish I will never touch, while Sebastian goes for little boys, and the last thing he'd touch is a transvestite angel.
    (but srsly I do love Ash still, dunno why I'm making fun of him...)

@Jace: XD i've fulfilled my purpose.

But i completely agree with what youre saying. Just like vampires need blood and we need food, demons need souls. Its their source of energy. I dont see why they would keep them inside their..."stomachs"..unless they felt they needed to keep them a little while longer to achieve something they wanted (like with Hannah keeping Luca until she him reunited with Alois). The soul doesnt live on or get destroyed. It just changes form and become energy. So technically the soul is no longer a soul...and therefore i guess you can say it doesnt exist anymore in the form of a soul...or idk. Im not exactly sure what im saying anymore, its too late and im sleep deprived lol. Should probably get to bed...
    Last edited by danix; 06-26-2011 at 06:20 AM.

Spoiler!

Proud member of:

anddd The ClaudexSebastian, Shinigami , Finny, Claude Faustus, Ciel Phantomhive, SebxMei Rin, VincentxDeiderich, and CielxLizzie Fanclub XD

There's no use of Biology here, because apparently demons don't crap like we do.

I think the souls just turn into demonic energy for the demon... kinda like a life force thing.
    It's kinda like we eat food, and food turn into energy for us.

I don't know about the anime, since things are always so vague in there, but I think after Hannah ate Luca's soul, she turned into a softer demon... a much nicer demon? at least to Alois. It's like Luca's soul had influenced her will.. So I don't know... It seems like demons have to be careful of what they eat too. Or maybe it's just because Hannah was just too nice, or not willful enough to retain her demonic personality. I have a feeling that if it were Sebastian, he would have never let that happen.

I think it means just that - the soul is 'eaten.'

Assuming there is a heaven and a hell in the Kuro!verse, Ciel's soul will instead go to 'nothing' (i.e. nothingness, purgatory) or become 'nothing'. It will simply cease to exist. Ciel is demon food. Food disappears once it's eaten. That's all.

Granted, it might be different in the Kuro!verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Absit Omen View Post
    I think it means just that - the soul is 'eaten.'

Assuming there is a heaven and a hell in the Kuro!verse, Ciel's soul will instead go to 'nothing' (i.e. nothingness, purgatory) or become 'nothing'. It will simply cease to exist. Ciel is demon food. Food disappears once it's eaten. That's all.

Granted, it might be different in the Kuro!verse.
    I am still sticking with my idea of "metabolic waste".

Sorry, I am not trying to be a disgusting troll at all, I am not trying to gross people out...
    but seriously tho, if we crap after we eat, what happen after demons eat?

Does the soul just evaporates as demonic power?

ok, I am done.

Crap just don't disappear, that's my point. Conservation of matter/energy...
    shit, I want to read some Physics books now, which I never do...

RAWR!!!

*goes to scientific mode*