Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Live-Action Black Butler Film: General Discussion

Live-Action Black Butler Film: General Discussion

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...ck-butler-film

So guys, What do you think about this?
    C:\Users\mark\Downloads\01305e2acdd3ea1b4dc22678.j  pg

I have just read this news and I'm in Paradise!!!
    The set will take place 130 years after the manga is finished... so maybe we'll obtain some spoilers about the original plot!!! I'm really out of order at this time.... The most beautiful news after a long long time...
    And Satou has made a big job with Tiger&Bunny. So this will be a success!!!

KIMO KIMO KIMO!!!

This sounds bad. The anime was bad. Both musicals were boring. I'm just so tired of people taking advantage of how popular Yana's manga is for money, and then doing a shitty job of it. I highly doubt this will be any different.

Also he's not attractive enough to be Sebastian. :l

playing peek-a-boo, in your head, messing with your brain~
    my first thought was "curly hair...and has a ring >_>;" course I can't make much more of an opinion on that from the picture since he covered up most of his head XP

but reading on, while it sounds interesting, the fact that they're stating that it takes place 130 years AFTER the manga (which places the timeframe to about now more or less), my first thought is HOW are they going to say it takes place after the manga if the manga isn't over D| also considering the timeframe of the movie and black butler, it makes me wonder in what way they'd portray sebastian's role as a demon contractor (I'm assuming is what's going to happen) considering now there's all this technology to nitpick at genetics, identities, and the like and all the child laws with custody, care, and whatnot. unless it's gonna be one of those rich families that lives pretty much detached from society. idk

I'll give it a chance just going on openmindedness and curiosity though.
    Last edited by Yokoskitsune; 01-08-2013 at 08:51 PM.
    POTTERMORE USER: HowlRiver2545 ADD ME =D
    House- Slytherin

I also play Team Fortress 2 if anyone wants to friend me, look me up as Yokoskitsune

Spoiler!

Bitch-slapping Ron, all day long at HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGWAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRTTTSSSSSS

Just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Even Mizushima can`t play Sebastian! Also, they forgot that pentagram on his hand.
    All original-story? Without Ciel? Without Victorian stuff? Modern Kuro? Do NOT want and do NOT need.
    I just want a good adaptation of the manga.
    That`s all I need.
    I`m really pissed off right now.
    So they have money to do musicals, some stupid OVAs and a whole season of fanservice, but they can NOT do a normal anime adaptation of the manga? What the hell...
    They gotta be kiddin me.
    My Sanetoshi avatar is pretty much me right now.

Fuck your Logic !! Sangre Belleza's Avatar
    Wtf are they actually serious about this.

I'm sorry, but this just screams BAD IDEA. The manga , anime are both set in England and have British people. So magical Ciel and Sebastian become Japanese ? This just doesn't seem like it would come off good, i understand trying to milk the tit for all it's worth. The fact that they have to set it 130 years after the manga is another reason also. It just seems like it's gonna come out cheesy and bad.
    I wear my Boss Crown proudly.

Why haven't you Followed me on Tumblr >:U

I had a feeling people would be pessimistic, but I'm curious.......and confused.

130 years after the manga when the manga isn't finished yet? Unless the story will be the same, but set in modern day.

Understandable, they'll save plenty of money by not having the Victorian set-up

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Queen View Post
    I had a feeling people would be pessimistic, but I'm curious.......and confused.

130 years after the manga when the manga isn't finished yet? Unless the story will be the same, but set in modern day.

Understandable, they'll save plenty of money by not having the Victorian set-up

But that's what makes it Beautiful the victorian setting. I'm sorry i just can't wrap my head around this. It smell like another Dragon Ball evolution . I have another question is Ciel dead ? it's placed 130 years after his contract and it's following the manga . What are they gonna do with that ? No one can beat Ciel and Sebastians partnership. Idk i just wish Guillermo del Toro or Tim Burton had there hands on this . Maybe one day a Western take of the actual manga will be made , i hate saying this . I think they could do a better job since they can get the actors and make the set ups possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangre Belleza View Post
    But that's what makes it Beautiful the victorian setting. I'm sorry i just can't wrap my head around this. It smell like another Dragon Ball evolution . I have another question is Ciel dead ? it's placed 130 years after his contract and it's following the manga . What are they gonna do with that ? No one can beat Ciel and Sebastians partnership. Idk i just wish Guillermo del Toro or Tim Burton had there hands on this . Maybe one day a Western take of the actual manga will be made , i hate saying this . I think they could do a better job since they can get the actors and make the set ups possible.
    Just read the article again, it's 130 years after the manga with an original story.

I agree with you that I think a Western version will do a better job, they can cast real English actors and production values/special effects will be better.

To be honest I'm surprised they're even making a film, there's been no news of this in the past, now all of a sudden they have a director, lead actor and filming date
    Last edited by Smash Queen; 01-08-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Queen View Post
    Just read the article again, it's 130 years after the manga with an original story.

I agree with you that I think a Western version will do a better job, they can cast real English actors and production values/special effects will be better.

To be honest I'm surprised they're even making a film, there's been no news of this in the past, now all of a sudden they have a director, lead actor and filming date

Your right , but that's what makes me so skeptical of this being a good movie. It's an Original Story usually they don't do well , especially if there gonna take almost every aspect that made Kuro such a wonderful manga out. Is it just me or does that Actor look like a Japanese version of Stuart Townsend from Queen of the Damn or maybe the Guy from The Crow. Curly hair on men isn't my thing , especially on Sebastian .. He's suppose to have straight Emo-ish style hair.