Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: The Victorian Era - Questions and Answers and General information

Hehe yeah I just can't call to mind any definite examples, although if she's going to explore the culture then she really should include them. I mean that time period was when the basis of jazz and blues was being developed Off-topic god I love your avatar (that movie is awesomeful )

Very true. She seems to doing alot of research for this manga and that's always good. I know there are muesums that would have more info about Blacks in this time period but I am lazy a bit.I do kinda hope Ciel finds a cute little Black girl in the states and gets a little crush but that me and my fangirl self talking (though seeing Lizzy jelouse would be icing on the cake there *evil smile*

Oh thank you! I love that movie so much. I waited my whole life for a princess who look like me since I was small. Plus the music was the best I think in any Disney movie so far (well second maybe to the Lion King)

I did a cursory search and I didn't find anything much, not any particular Black Family that'd be in Ciel's class, as defined by the Victorian-Era society. I am not sure how the Victorian-Era wuld have influenced America, however, as far as I remember - we don't get to wealthy and influental Black American families until the Civil Rights Movement. However, before and during the Civil War - several colleges were started primarily for the Black community. And some Black business districts took off with the money during Segregation.

has claimed Young Master and I have been claimed by Nadia!

ClaudeXSebastian Fan Club. The Ciel Phanomhive FC. Sebastian Michaelis FC. The Yuya Matsushita FC.

Links - http://singsebastian.livejournal.com/

95% would cry if they saw ROBERT PATTINSON standing on top of a sky scraper about to jump. If your one of the 5%,
    who would sit there eating pop corn saying "DO A FRONT FLIP!!" copy and paste this in your signature >D

Oh yeah! I forgot about the many college starting up there. One of my aunts graduated from Howard. Also since they would be in NYC there would many black areas in the city. Though I wish they would go to the south. You know voudoo and all that magic and such. That would really fit the tone of the story, don't you think? Like a cross of "The Princess and the Frog" and "Sweenty Todd", yes

Yes, that would be interesting. I've done a bit of research into Voodoo for a book but never got the concept right. Anyway, it'd be funny if Ciel accidentally insulted a Voodoo Pirestess and he was turned into a frog or cat and Sebastian would take much amusement out of it. Funny, that sounds like a fic you should write, Himepanda!

ClaudeXSebastian Fan Club. The Ciel Phanomhive FC. Sebastian Michaelis FC. The Yuya Matsushita FC.

95% would cry if they saw ROBERT PATTINSON standing on top of a sky scraper about to jump. If your one of the 5%,
    who would sit there eating pop corn saying "DO A FRONT FLIP!!" copy and paste this in your signature >D

Oh really?! I had a idea in mind where Ciel and Sebastian go to New Orleans and meet up a voodoo master and she helps them with finding some dark magic society. Thanks for the encouragment. Maybe I'll have to write Ciel as a cat too in the story.

@Himepanda, always to be of survice, my Dear. *lol*
    That sounds like a good idea. But we are totally off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by HimePanda View Post
    Very true. She seems to doing alot of research for this manga and that's always good. I know there are muesums that would have more info about Blacks in this time period but I am lazy a bit.I do kinda hope Ciel finds a cute little Black girl in the states and gets a little crush but that me and my fangirl self talking (though seeing Lizzy jelouse would be icing on the cake there *evil smile*

Oh thank you! I love that movie so much. I waited my whole life for a princess who look like me since I was small. Plus the music was the best I think in any Disney movie so far (well second maybe to the Lion King)
    I would be too tickled if Ciel met a cute black girl...OR if Sebby met a hawt black woman? Lmao!!! Hmm, I feel an idea for a fanfic coming on..

Eta: I see you guys already beat me to the punch on the fanfic idea, lol
    Last edited by ~*blackrain*~; 12-09-2010 at 03:22 AM.
    Weak in order to love
    Strong in order to protect
    both in order
    to stay at your side

@Blackrain,
    Do it!

I feel something awsome is going to happen soon. Yana are you listening to this.

To get back on topic sorta. I think the Victorian started later in the states like in the late 1800's so this would be the right time in the states. Oh and I just found a website that kinda puts in some details what was going on in the states during that time http://www.erasofelegance.com/history/victorian.html