Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuroshitsuji gifs

Kuroshitsuji gifs (image heavy)

Hello everyone ^^
    I like making gifs so I made some when I was watching Kuroshitsuji and I'd like to share them with you.
    I hope you like them

KS1
      Spoiler!

The rest of them are here.

KS2
      Spoiler!

The rest of them are here.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to make gifs tutorial
      Spoiler!
    There are plenty of ways to make gifs, but this is the method I use to make mine. It's a bit long and requires many steps but trust me the results are totally worth it ^^

* The programs you're going to need to make gifs:
    (1) VirtualDub.

(2) ImageReady (It's included with Photoshop).

(3) Any video converter program (I use Any Video Converter Professional). The reason why you need it is that your video has to be in the avi format to be able to open it in VirtualDub.

* Step (1): converting the video to the avi format:
    - Use your converting program to convert your video to the avi format.
    (If your video is already in the avi format, then skip this step to the next step)

* Step (2): creating the frames from your video:
    - Create a new empty folder and change its name into (gif) or something. This folder is important cause we'll be saving the frames in it.
    - open VirtualDub.
    - Click File ---> Open Video File ---> choose the video file you just converted ---> click open.
    - Move the slide bar until you reach the part you want your gif to start from ---> Click Edit ---> Set Selection Start.
    - Move the slide bar again until you reach the part you want your gif to end at ---> Click Edit ---> Set Selection End.
    - Click File ---> Export ---> Image Sequence ---> change the Minimum number of digits in into 4 ---> Change the output format into TARGA ---> in the Directory to hold, click on the little button and click on your gif folder you created ---> Click ok ---> ok.
    - Wait until your frames are made.
    - When you're done, close VirtualDub.

If you have CS1 or CS2 then proceed to the next step. If you have CS3, CS4 or CS5 then proceed to Step (4).

* Step (3): opening your frames in ImageReady (CS1, CS2):
    - Open Adobe ImageReady.
    - Click File ---> Import ---> Folders as Frames ---> Choose your gif folder you created ---> ok.
    - Wait until it loads.
    - Proceed to Step (5).

* Step (4) "alternate": opening your frames in Photoshop (CS3, CS4, CS5):
    - Open Photoshop.
    - Click File ---> Scripts ---> Load Files into Stacks ---> Change the files option into folders ---> Click Browse ---> Choose your gif folder you created ---> Click ok --- > wait until it loads then click ok.
    - Wait until it loads again.
    - Click Windows ---> Animation to make the animation bar appears.
    - In the animation bar, click on that tiny little button (that looks like lines above each other) ---> Make Frames From layers.
    - The layers right now are in a reverse order, so click that button again ---> Reverse Frames.
    - Proceed to Step (5).

* Step (5): making your gif:
    Now you're going to edit your gif.
    - First we need to resize it. So, click Image ---> Image Size ---> change the size to whatever you like (my standard size is 300 x 169 pix) ---> click ok.
    - Here comes the most annoying and tiring part (to me at least >.<) which is deleting the unwanted and unnecessary frames.
    - The bigger the number of frames you have in your gif, the bigger the size of your gif. So we have to delete some frames to make the size smaller.
    - What I always do is delete a frame every 2 frames. Meaning every two frames in the animation bar, I delete a frame (and its corresponding layer in the layer palette). You still don't get it?
    I hope this picture explains what I mean:
      Spoiler!

- Animation bar: this is where you can find your frames.
    - Layers: you can find your layers here, duh XD. Notice that all of the layers are invisible except for a single layer which is the layer corresponding to the frame you're clicking on in the animation bar. Try clicking on another frame in your animation bar and see what happens. The previous layer which was visible becomes invisible and another layer will become visible instead.
    - Optimizing: here you can change all of your settings (quality) to save your gif. We'll get to this later.

Now, what I meant by deleting a frame and its corresponding layer is this:
      Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Every two frames repeat the same thing until you finish all of your frames.

We're almost done ^_^

* Step (6): saving your gif:
    - In ImageReady (CS1, CS2):
    - These are the settings I use for my gif (these guarantee the best possible quality for the gif):
      Spoiler!

Keep in mind that the more the quality of your gif, the bigger its size.
    - Click File ---> Save Optimized As ---> choose where you want to save your file ---> ok.

- In Photoshop (CS3, CS4, CS5):
    - Click File ---> Save for Web and Devices ---> the same settings as before ---> Save ---> choose where to save your gif ---> ok.

Done
    Last edited by Selva; 11-24-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Amazing quality o.o
    especially that last on with Claude and Sebastian, I hope you don't mind if I use some for some banners
    though you might want to put some of these gifs under spoiler tags so as to not lag the page

Thanks a lot ^^
    Of course. Go ahead and use anyone you like
    Oh, I put them under spoiler tag. Sorry, I'm still a newbie hehe

Wow these are sooo awesome 8'D I wish i could make such things X'D

Senior Member William Phantomhive's Avatar
    wow these are all sick.
    great quality all around.
    member of the: ΩΩ˚ The Undertaker/Charles Grey Fanclub ˚ΩΩ
    Madame Red is my Mistress

OH MY HELL !!!!

I'm really in LOVE with gif pic, but yours are super super impressive
    the size is good and the quality is great

I saved them all.. if you don't mind may I use them !?!

Thank you very much, waiting for more

Knight of Cydonia NosferatuCookie's Avatar
    These are all great Awesome quality btw (:
    The second one for season 1 made me lol
    |Twitter|MyAnimeList|Tumblr|
    I was married to Stripe once. Now we are forever enemies.

Thanks everyone <3 I'm glad you liked them

Quote Originally Posted by PonderMoofin View Post
    Wow these are sooo awesome 8'D I wish i could make such things X'D
    Thanks. I can write a tutorial on how to make gifs if you want. It's pretty easy actually XD

Quote Originally Posted by ẰsээЯα™ View Post
    I saved them all.. if you don't mind may I use them !?!
    Sure you can ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Selva View Post
    Thanks everyone <3 I'm glad you liked them

Thanks. I can write a tutorial on how to make gifs if you want. It's pretty easy actually XD

Sure you can ^^

Thank you,
    Yes please of you don't mind write a tutorial on how you make gifs

Ahhhh, I've been looking for nice Kuro gifs everywhere and finally found them @__@

Thank you for sharing!
    My rotating FC's (cause there's not enough space for the prettiness):

Claims: The field of white & blue roses; Ciel's butt, king and knight chess pieces, nose, Cyber outfit, School outfit, tears, legs, neck, hands, skin, arms, circus makeup; Sebastian's blank letter, School outfit, back, circus makeup, neck, right hand, right arm; Madame Red's red funeral dress; Vincent's hair, Ranmao's hair; Meirin's detective outfit; Lau's eyes

icon: Purple_Punchi